Daffy's Logolept Page and Word a Day Blog

A blog to help others improve their vocabularies. I feature several words every day. The words are eclectic mix of words gathered over many years. I also feature sentence examples, and I try to write in an informal friendly style.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

breadbasket, bucculent,magnoperate, eventuate, superficies

Good morning! Today, you will once again have the chance to add some verve, and a splash of panache to your once emaciated vocabulary! Dig in, because here it comes!

breadbasket: The stomach: "I watched in horror as that bully landed a stoter of a punch direct to my son's breadbasket!"

bucculent :wide mouthed "Jerry stood there, bucculent and totally metagrobalized, as Tim strode away, arm in arm with his fiance"

magnoperate: to work on one's magnum opus (great work) "Even though Sam was simply writing his prsonal diary, he shot off the comment "Pardon me while I depart to my den for the evening to magnoperate"

eventuate: to come out or result in the end "Daryl said "I hope that my romancing Rose will eventuate in our finally being married"

superficies : the external aspects or the appearance of a thing "One must not pay so much attention to the superficies of their life, and instead focus on what is really profound."

Well, I have errands to run, so I must end this for now..
See ya'!

Doug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home